At long last, I’m proud to unveil the first in the Drinkable Globe podcast series. Our inaugural guests are Sarah and Giancarlo Annese, founders of Beer Union, a website delivering beer news in NYC.
Sarah and Giancarlo have also written a book, Beer Lover’s New York, a comprehensive guide to great beer in the state.
Still tweaking the format for future editions. The goal is to make the podcasts more conversations than interviews.
My producer tells me I sound a bit pompous and pedantic in this one, so I’ll try to dial that back a bit for future episodes.
- The story behind the name Beer Union. Hint: it’s not about Norma Rae.
- Beer bars in NYC you may not know about
- New York state breweries worth a visit
- Which brewery in New York is making a smoked beer that people who don’t think they like rauchbiers might like.
- Why the Craft Act rocks and why its passing means you should support your local brewery more than ever
- What makes NYC a unique beer town